Influence not power. You can’t lead others until you know how to lead yourself.
Some undeniable truths:
1. People respond to those who take a genuine interest in their development and success.
2. Teach don’t tell.
3. Engage them in their own development. They know where they need help.
4. Help them uncover for themselves the opportunities for improvement.
5. Ask questions that make them think and answer. “I don’t know” is not an acceptable answer.
6. It’s not about you.
7. You will never go wrong trying to help some.
8. Success includes trail and error.